Franklin School / Franklin School Apartments
The Ittner-designed Benjamin Franklin School opened in 1911 and was included on the National Register of Historic Places on March 9, 2005. The property was sold to Rothschild Development in February 2005 and has been repurposed as 75 apartments. The Landmarks Association of St. Louis awarded the project a Most Enhanced Award in 2008, and the Downtown St. Louis Partnership selected the project to receive a Better Downtown Award. See additional photos and read more about the development here.