The basic information you need to get started with your Mann Mustang!
Principal: Dr. Angela Glass
Secretary: Ms. Shannon Reilly
Parent/Community Specialist: Ms. Angela Johnson
Grades Served: PK-5
Enrollment: 300 Students
Pick Up/Drop Off:
- Parents of students in grades K-5 can drop off/pick up children at the curb in front of the school in between the two designated street signs. Parents must remain with their cars in this area.
- PK students must be picked up at the front door from the teacher. They will not be permitted to go to cars at the curb.
- PK students must be escorted in the building in the morning by an adult.
- Breakfast is served FREE to all students.
- Students in grades K-5 may come into the building and eat breakfast from 7:45 until 8:15 am.
- PK students will go with their class to breakfast after school has begun.
- Students in grades K-5 must arrive after 7:45am as there is NO SUPERVISION before this time.
- After breakfast, students will go outside and play on the lot, weather permitting. If weather is not permitting, students should go to the gym, sit in their assigned line and read.
- On Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 8:20, a whole school Morning Meeting is held in the gym by the principal. All students should attend. Parents are welcome.
- Each teacher prepares a supply list for their individual class. Please see your classroom teacher.
- All students are expected to be in uniform every day. The uniforms consist of pants and a polo shirt with a collar.
- Pants: khaki or navy
- Shirts: navy, light blue, white, or red
- Ladies may wear skirts or jumpers, but they must hang lower than their fingertips when arms are held at their sides. Shorts should be worn under skirts.
Before/After School Care:
- Unleashing Potential (UP) provides on site before and after school care for students in grades K-5. This is a free program which provides dinner, homework help, and extra activities. To enroll, you must complete an application. o Morning: 6:30 am until school begins o Evening: After school until 6:00 pm
- Bussing is available home from the program.
- Unfortunately, we do not provide before and after care for children under Kindergarten age.
- Mann School prides itself on having the one of the highest attendance rates in the district and the state.
- Attendance for state reporting is calculated by the minute.
- The state requires students to be at school 90% of the time.
- Students who arrive after 8:00 am must go to the office to receive a late pass and amount of time a student is late affects their 90% requirement.
- All absences require a doctor’s note.
- Students must be in school for the entire day as minutes are counted by the state.
- Please make arrangements for appointments outside of school hours.
Visitors in the Building:
- All adults must come to the office to sign in and attain a Visitor’s Pass.
- Parents must remain outside at dismissal for the safety of all of our children.
- Volunteers are always welcome. However, all volunteers must have an approved Volunteer Application on file.
- All volunteers, even if it is only on one occasion, must have an approved Volunteer Application on file.
- Parents are not permitted on field trips unless they have an approved Volunteer Application on file.
- Horace Mann Elementary School does have an active PTO. For More Information, search for Mann PTO on Facebook, or contact Ms. Angela Johnson, Family and Community Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.