The basic information you need to get started with your Mann Mustang!
Principal: Dr. Lisa Brown
Secretary: Ms. Jessica Martin
Phone: (314) 772-4545
Parent/Community Specialist: Ms. Cynthia Lewis
Grades Served: PK-5th
Enrollment: 230 Students
Pick Up/Drop Off:
- Parents of students in grades K-5 can drop off/pick up children at the curb in front of the school in between the two designated street signs. Parents must remain with their cars in this area.
- PK students must be dropped off and picked up at the gym door from the teacher. They will not be permitted to go to cars at the curb.
- PK students must be escorted by an adult at dropoff and pickup.
- Breakfast is served FREE to all students.
- Students in PreK-5 may play on the playground as early as 7:35 am.
- Students in grades K-5 may come into the building and eat breakfast from 7:55 until 8:15 am.
- PK students will receive breakfast in the classroom after school has begun.
- Students in grades K-5 must arrive after 7:45am as there is NO SUPERVISION before this time.
- After breakfast, students will go outside and play on the lot, weather permitting. If weather is not permitting, students will be allowed to enter the building.
- Each teacher prepares a supply list for their individual class. Please see your classroom teacher.
- All students are expected to be in uniform every day. The uniforms consist of pants or skirt, and a polo shirt with a collar.
- Pants/skirts: khaki or navy
- Shirts: navy, light blue, white, or red
- Skirts, shorts, or jumpers must hang lower than their fingertips when arms are held at their sides. Shorts should be worn under skirts.
Before/After School Care:
- Only after-school services are available. All students in grades PreK-5 are eligible.
- An application must be completed and approved by the site-coordinator prior to a student attending the program.
- After-school hours are 3:00 pm-6:00 pm.
- Mann School prides itself on having one of the highest attendance rates in the district and the state.
- Attendance for state reporting is calculated by the minute.
- The state requires students to be at school 90% of the time.
- Students who arrive after 8:00 am must go to the office to receive a late pass and amount of time a student is late affects their 90% requirement.
- Extended absences require a doctor's note.
- Students must be in school for the entire day as minutes are counted by the state.
- Please make arrangements for appointments outside of school hours.
Visitors in the Building:
- All adults must come to the office to sign in and get a Visitor’s Pass.
- Parents must remain outside at dismissal for the safety of all of our children.
- Volunteers are always welcome. Follow the link to complete the approved Volunteer Application.
- All volunteers, even if it is only on one occasion, must have an approved Volunteer Application on file.
- Parents are not permitted on field trips unless they have an approved Volunteer Application on file.
- Horace Mann Elementary School has an active PTO. For more Information, search for Mann PTO on Facebook, or contact Ms. Cynthia Lewis, Family and Community Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.