Degrees and Certifications:
Hello, my name is Mrs. Lawton. I'm the Special Education and Resource Teacher at Oak Hill Elementary. I joined the Oak Hill team in the 2019-20 academic year. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from UMSL, which has allowed me to work with kids throughout our community for 6 years before prior to 2019. I live right here in South City, and am currently attending UMSL for my Masters Degree in Cross-Catagorical Special Education. I am looking forward to working with you and your children in person, and to having a great year! Please feel free to email me at email@example.com with any question or concerns regarding your child, and connect with me on ClassDojo for weekly news letters and updates.
Mrs. Lawton's Daily Schedule
- 8:40am I will be eagerly waiting to greet students arriving at the drop-off door (Door 4 facing Bingham and playground). This will include taking student temperatures and administering hand sanitizer.
- 9:00am - 9:30am I will welcome students to our classroom after breakfast and a morning meeting in the gym.
- 9:30am ELA: Reading and Writing Instruction
- 11:30am Math Instruction grades 3-5, Lunch and Recess grades K-2
- 12:20pm Math Instruction grades K-2, Independent Work and Math Centers grades 3-5
- 1:00pm Lunch and Recess grades 3-5, Related Arts grades K-2
- 1:40pm Science/Social Studies grades 3-5
- 2:00pm Guides Practice and Math Centers grades K-2
- 2:25pm Related Arts grades 3-5, Science/Social Studies grades K-2 with ICA, Teacher Planning Period
- 3:15pm Falcon Success
- 3:52pm Afternoon Announcements and students will be escorted to their bus lines or pick-up areas
- 4:07 Student Dismissal