Degrees and Certifications:
Hello, my name is Mrs. Lawton. I'm the Special Education and Resource Teacher at Oak Hill Elementary. I joined the Oak Hill team in the 2019-20 academic year. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from UMSL, which has allowed me to work with kids throughout our community for 6 years before prior to 2019. I live right here in South City, and am currently attending UMSL for my Masters Degree in Cross-Catagorical Special Education. I am looking forward to working with you and your children in person, and to having a great year! Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any question or concerns regarding your child, and connect with me on ClassDojo for weekly news letters and updates.
Mrs. Lawton's Daily Schedule
- 8:30am I will be eagerly waiting to greet students arriving at the drop-off door (Door 4 facing Bingham and playground). This will include taking student temperatures, administering hand sanitizer, and ensuring they have a proper mask per the health department and SLPS districts recommendations.
- 8:55am I will walk students to our classroom where they will eat breakfast in their assigned area.
- 9:10am Morning Meeting
- 9:30am ELA: Reading and Writing Instruction
- 11:25am Related Arts and Teacher Planning Period
- 12:15pm Lunch in the cafeteria and Recess
- 1:00pm Math Instruction
- 2:25pm Science/Social Studies
- 3:15pm Falcon Success
- 4:05pm Students will be escorted to their bus lines or pick-up areas
- 4:07 Student Dismissal (I will be monitoring the bus riders and walkers outside of Door 6 on Osceola)