Degrees and Certifications:
Hello, my name is Mrs. Lawton. I'm the Special Education and Resource Teacher at Oak Hill Elementary. I joined the Oak Hill team in the 2019-20 academic year. I'm a certified K-12 Cross-Categorical Special Education teacher for the state of Missouri, and am so happy to be returning for my 4th full teaching year! With me will be my amazing Instructional Care Aides, Mr. Hawn and Ms. Morales.
Please feel free to email me at email@example.com with any question or concerns regarding your child, and be sure to connect with me on ClassDojo as our primary form of communication as well as weekly news letters and updates.
Mrs. Lawton's Daily Schedule
- 9:10am - 9:30am- Students are welcomed to our classroom after breakfast and the school meeting in the gym. Students work from their IEP Goal Morning Work binders with assistance from myself and our ICAs.
- 9:30am- 10:40am- Bathroom Break
- 10:40am- 10:55am- Reading Instruction
- 10:55am- 11:20am- Writing Instruction
- 11:20am - 11:40am- Social Studies
- 11:40am – 12:00pm Lunch
- 12:00pm – 12:20pm Recess
- 12:20pm -12:30pm- Bathroom Break
- 12:30pm -1:10pm- Science
- 1:10pm – 2:00pm - Related Arts
- 1:10pm- 2:00pm- Lawton's Plan Period/ Data Team Meeting
- 2:00pm – 3:30pm Math Instruction and Centers
- 3:30pm – 3:55pm Falcon Success: IEP Goal Focused Practice
- 3:55pm Afternoon Announcements and students will be escorted to their bus lines or pick-up areas
- 4:07 Student Dismissal