BUSCH MIDDLE SCHOOL DRESS CODE
We ask for parents’ support to ensure the dress code is followed daily.
Daily Dress Code
- Students must wear shirts that have collars, unless it is a Busch t-shirt.
- Shirts may be of any color or pattern including solids, stripes, or plaids.
- Students must wear khaki or navy blue pants, shorts, skirts, or dresses.
- Shorts, skirts, and jumper lengths must be to the students’ fingertips when standing straight and arms are fully extended at sides.
- Leggings may be worn under skirts, shorts, or dresses in wintry weather.
- Students must wear closed-toed shoes such as tennis shoes, boots, or dress shoes.
- Students may not wear slides, flip flops or house shoes at any time.
Infractions of the dress code will be addressed by the school staff. Administrators and staff may issue alternative clothing for the students to wear on the day the infraction occurs.
Issued clothing must be returned at the end of the school day or the following day. Repeated offenses will result in further consequences.
You may not…
Wear Busch school spirit wear
Wear hoodies on heads
Wear jackets and sweatshirts
Wear distracting accessories
NO CLOTHING WITH:
- Violent or sexualized language or images.
- Images or language depicting drugs or alcohol (or any illegal item or activity) or the use of same.
- Hate speech, profanity, pornography.
- Images or language that creates a hostile or intimidating environment based on any protected class.
- Visible underwear. Visible waistbands or straps on undergarments worn under other clothing are not a violation.
- Bathing suits.
- Helmets or headgear that obscures the face (except as a religious observance).
Dollar $1 Dress-Down Days
Typically held on a Friday, these days help the school raise funds for our end of year Whole School Field Trip. Students are expected to remember that they are still dressing for a workplace when selecting clothing for Dress-Down Days. Students may wear dresses, skirts, shorts, pants, or jeans of choice. T-shirts are acceptable. Students may not wear leggings as pants but may wear them under skirts or shorts. The shoe code stays the same. Dressing down is NEVER required, and many students choose to wear a school uniform even on dress-down days.
Anything that promotes the school is allowed to be worn. This does not include student-generated Busch shirts.
You can also order official Busch Middle School spirit wear here: https://www.rokkitwear.com/school/55805-busch-middle-school-of-character