Stay Connected: Resources for Families
CLICK HERE FOR CORONAVIRUS FAQ
The District’s direct hotline for students and parents requiring social and emotional support is: 314-345-6900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHERE TO TURN FOR HELP:
- The United Way of Greater Missouri (UW) has put together a resource pagefor families who need assistance with utilities, meals, senior services, and much more. You may also call 211 to connect with UW.
- Ameren Missouri has partnered with UW to create the Coronavirus Income Relief Program.
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services COVID Line: 877-435-8411
- Stray Rescue is opening its doors as a pet food pantry, providing a bag of pet food for anyone in need.
- Any parent of a child who does not have access to the internet can contact Charter/Spectrum at 844-488-8395 to receive free access for 60 days. This promotion is for households with K-12 or college students.
- Parents are able to retrieve students' medicine Wednesday, March 25 - Friday, March 27 between the hours of 9am and 2pm by appointment only. Please contact Nurse Surilla Shaw at 314-532-3092 on Monday March 23 or Tuesday, March 24 between 8am and 4pm to set up an appointment to retrieve medicine. Parents must have ID and the name of the student's medicine.
- The Missouri Child Abuse/Neglect Hotlineis available to report any suspicions of child abuse or neglect. Call 800-392-3738.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Networkhas resources for helping children and families cope with social distancing and to prevent panic.
- Additionally, the CDC has published guidelineson how to talk to children about COVID-19.
- PBS KIDS for Parents offers information, activities, and tips for parents, including this resource on "How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus."
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES:
- BHR (Behavioral Health Response) offers confidential telephone counseling to people in mental health crises, as well as mobile outreach services, community referral services and critical incident stress management: 314-469-6644,bhrstl.org