In order to enroll your child in school the following is required: 

    • Physical Exams
    • Immunization Records 
    • Lead & Hemoglobin results for Pre-K ONLY
    • Dental Exams for Pre-K ONLY



    Physical exams are recommended for the following groups of students:

    • enrolling in the school district for the first time, regardless of grade (within 30 days)

    • any student enrolled each year in a preschool room, KG, 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th grades

    • any student who had been enrolled in the district before, but is returning after one year or more of separation

    If a primary care provider or doctor has examined your child in the past 12 months ask for a physical examination report form of this exam to be given to the school nurse; also get one every time a complete physical is done by the doctor.

    Blank forms can be printed from the school district’s web site, on a drop down list under the Parents & Students Link by clicking on Student Health.

    Students with chronic healthcare problems, special healthcare needs, and who require medication administered on a regular basis during the normal school day are required to present a physical exam report form to the school nurse at the beginning of each school year along with the following as applicable:

    • Asthma Action Plan for all asthmatics

    • Diabetic Action Plan for all insulin dependent diabetics

    • Seizure Action Plan for all seizure disorders

    • Food Allergy Action Plan

    • Sickle Cell Action Plan for all with sickle cell disease

    • Authorization for Administrating Medication to Student

    Students who participate in cheerleading and on athletic teams are required to have an annual sports physical on file with the school nurse and the athletic office.

    See the school nurse or the school district web site for the appropriate form. Provision of the required physical examination reports can result in better care in the school setting.


    Missouri’s immunization law (Section 167.181RSMo) requires students to show proof of compliance upon enrollment in public, private, parochial, or parish schools before they can attend school. The schedules for preschool and school age children are on the site. Check with your child’s primary care provider, clinic, or the last healthcare facility where the child received a shot to obtain the most up to date copy of the entire shot record. Complete immunization records must include the month, date, and year of administered vaccines.

    Always notify the school nurse when your child receives a new shot. If the school nurse sends a Notice of Need Letter to you regarding the child’s need for an immunization take the child to the doctor promptly to avoid the child being excluded from school. The state law requires exclusion from school of all students who do not complete vaccinations once started.

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.