What is Community Education?
Community Education is a philosophy of life-long learning that engages schools, families and the broader community in a process designed to establish and meet educational and community goals.
The mission of Community Education is to create and support a nurturing educational environment through which children, families and other neighborhood residents will experience success.
- To improve student academic achievement.
- To integrate classroom and community learning experiences.
- To provide life-long learning experiences.
- To engage parents and community members in identifying needs, setting priorities and solving problems.
- To coordinate and sponsor public and private sector activities and services that meet community identified needs for health, safety, social, cultural, vocational, recreational, governmental, or other services.
- To stabilize and improve neighborhoods.