College Credit Opportunities for Clyde C. Miller Career Academy High School Students
Earn College Credit During High School
We encourage students to earn college credit in high school.
Advanced Placement Courses (AP)
- Students enrolling in AP courses (AP designation is given on schedule) will have an opportunity to take an examination at the conclusion of the AP course to qualify for college credit. AP exams are given each year, and students receive information regarding registration through their teachers. This exam is scored 1 through 5, 5 being the highest score available.
- The college or university that a student will choose to attend will evaluate each AP score individually to determine if a student can receive college credit. Scores of 3, 4, or 5 can possibly qualify students for credit, although it is the student's responsibility to check with their prospective colleges to determine what score is needed!
- If you navigate to the college website of the school(s) you are interested in, you can do a site search of "AP credit" and the school policy should be available for you to review. Here are a few examples of popular school choices and their AP credit transfer policies: Mizzou, Wash U, KU, Northwestern.
Dual-Enrollment/ Dual Credit/ Concurrent Enrollment
Dual-Enrollment Courses through High School Career Pathway
- Some Senior level students will have the opportunity to take classes through their pathway teacher for college credit through a local institution, Saint Louis Community College, during their regular school day. Students should meet with their pathway teacher and/or school counselor for more information regarding requirements, classes available, and how to register, as well as determining if this is a viable option for them.
Dual-Enrollment Courses through Colleges and Universities
- Several Clyde C. Miller Career Academy students have the opportunity to participate in dual enrollment courses on the local colleges campuses, like STLCC and/or Harris-Stowe State University.
- Students can apply to participate in the Saint Louis Public Schools-Partnership with Harris- Stowe State University FinishLine Dual Enrollment Program by contacting Ms. JuMah Fennoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.