Classroom Routines & Procedures
Bring to class daily
- FULLY Charged IPad
- sharpened pencils
- Assigned novel
- ELA notebook / folder / binder
- Workbook (this will be provided to students)
- Independent novel for independent reading
- Entering the classroom – Enter silently and politely. Immediately sit down and begin the do now.
- Exiting the classroom- When given directions, stand up quietly; push in your chair; take all necessary items; when called line up in alphabetical order without touching others or talking; silently face the front of the line; watch where you are going; throw away trash as you exit; remain in the line with your class section until entering your next class. The hall is a quiet area.
- Leaving the room – Get permission before leaving the room for any reason, use an assigned hall pass.
- Leaving your seat – You must raise your hand for permission. I will allow you exit your seat as long as it is not disruptive to class and is at an appropriate time.
- Tardiness – You are late to class if you are not in line when the class enters the classroom. Excessive tardiness will result in a referral.
- Absences – It is your responsibility to make up any assignments in a timely manner. Check with me for assignments the last ten minutes of class. All assignments can be found in the corresponding folders on the homework table.
- Cell Phones/Electronic Devices-Per district policy, cell phones ARE NOT PERMITTED in the building. If seen in class, phones may be confiscated and given to the administration. Administration will determine when cell phones will be returned to the student.
- Obtaining help with assignments – Raise your hand to get help from me. If you are working with a group, quietly ask them for help in understanding how you do the assignment before asking me. Keep voices at a ‘one’ in volume in groups. Independent work is done at zero.
- Handing in finished work/homework – Check to make sure your heading is on your paper with a title and then place the work in your core’s basket when I ask you to do so.
- Restroom - Restroom breaks are before school, related arts, and during lunch. Students may not leave the room the first and last ten minutes of class.
- Heading your paper – As soon as you get a paper, please write your name and class period on each page.
- Throwing away trash / recycling paper - Trash is placed in the trash can as you leave on your way to the next class. Place all paper for recycling in the recycling bin on your way to the next class.
- Using the classroom library - When you complete your seatwork, you may read silently. Do Not Disturb Others. I will allow students to check out books from our class library. They must return the books within 2 weeks and will be held responsible for lost / damaged books.
- Fire Drill – Stop everything; stand up and assemble in a line at the door quickly with the teacher, but without running or pushing to exit the building; do not cover your ears; do not make any side trips; wait patiently, calmly, and quietly in your designated area in line outside until we are allowed to go inside; remain with your group while waiting.
Written Assignments and Academic Misconduct: All written work submitted must be the student’s original work and conform to the guidelines provided by the teacher. This means that any substantive ideas, phrases, sentences, and/or any published ideas must be properly referenced to avoid even the appearance of plagiarism. It is the student’s responsibility to know all relevant school policies concerning plagiarism. Any documented cases of plagiarism can and will result in a failing grade.