Supporting Learning from Home
Ways to support your child at home...
- Give your child specific praise for thier accomplishment, rather than general statements.
- Maintain a schedule daily
- Set limits on Tv times and electronics. Be selective of what your child sees and hears.
- Establish rules and chores at home.
- Create a special area for library books and teaching materials in your home.
- Keep your child Healthy by scheduling routines doctors and dental checkups.
- Feed your child balanced meals and bath them regulary. Be sure your child excersie each day.
- Read to your child and have them read to you.
- Allow your child to play and be a kid.
- Learn to regulate your emotions so you can model healthy emotional coping skills to your child.
- Remember you are your child's first teacher!