Metro Academic & Classical High School -
4015 McPherson 63108 314-534-3894
Fax to: 314-244-1838
Contacts: Dr. Tina Hamilton-Principal Ms. Bobbie Richardson Dr. LaRon Haymore
Email to: Tina.Hamilton@slps.org Bobbie.Richardson@slps.org LaRon.Haymore@slps.org
- Applicant must score at or above the 50th percentile level on a standardized test, and in all sub-areas of the test.
- Excellent attendance is expected for admission (90%). Please include documentation if extenuating circumstances exist.
- Applicants must submit a copy of the most recent report card and their last report card of their eighth grade year to validate classroom academic achievement and attendance. This report card must reflect a C or better in all subjects with the exception of Physical Education, Art, Music, and Practical Arts. One D will be acceptable in any one of these four subjects. No D in a core subject is acceptable.
- Applicant must have excellent or good evaluations on each item on the Official Recommendation Checklist Form Recommendations to be submitted by two of the following: applicant’s teacher, counselor, principal or designated administrator.
- STUDENTS APPLYING FOR 10TH GRADE must submit a transcript reflecting all semesters enrolled including the last completed semester and report card from the most recent grading period. The applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.3 and no D’s or F’s on their transcripts. Transcript should validate attendance and grade level. EOC tests scores apply as mentioned above.
- Student/Guardian Interview may be required
- 5 paragraph Entrance Essay “Why a college preparatory high school is the best environment for me.”