Name:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgRoom Number(s): 103Subject(s): 5th gradeBuilding Phone:Links to Art, Music, PE, Japanese, and both Spanish class assignments.PE Hurley: https://www.slps.org/Domain/12376PE Birchfield: https://www.slps.org/Page/49694Japanese: https://www.slps.org/Domain/8864Spanish Miro:https://www.slps.org/Domain/9389Teacher Message:Hey I hope you all are staying safe and healthy! I miss all of you so much. I am going to put some websites you can visit while you are stuck at home. Check out Art and Music webpages for more activities!This link will take you to our class Teams page:https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/school/conversations/General?threadId=19:email@example.com&ctx=channelThis is another place you can find assignments, communicate with me and other students, and see any updates.
- I will provide 1-2 hours of instruction per week per class (ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies)
- I will use my teacher webpage and Microsoft Teams to provide directions, activities, links, and assessments.
- I will use online learning sites such as Reading A-Z, Generation Genius, IXL, etc.
- You will complete tasks assigned to you on time.
- You will participate in activities.
- You will seek help during office hours (see below).
How you will be graded:
- Participation in activities (comments, logging in, screenshots, etc.)
- Submitting assignments (written responses, etc.)
To log onto Microsoft Teams go to Portal.office.com
- Use the username to “log on” (example: firstname.lastname@example.org *note it’s different than the email)
- It will take you to a secondary log in-do the same as step 1
- It will take you to a page that will show multiple apps-Teams is the one we will be using. J
- Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions if you need help!
Office Hours: When you should ask for help or check in with me as needed through email or Microsoft Teams.
Day of the Week
9-10am , 1:30-2:30pm
(or by appointment through contact)
See you online!
Ms. LatoSome websites that we use in class and you can use at home:Epic(reading): getepic.com/signinProdigy(math): prodigygame.comIXL(math, reading, language, science, social studies): Ixl.comMystery Science: mysteryscience.comGeneration Genius(science): Generationgenius.comBiography:Hello my name is Rachel Lato. This is my fourth year here at Dewey and my first year teaching 5th grade. Science and math are my favorite subjects and I can't wait to do some amazing experiments in our classroom. I am excited to share my love of science with the students and I can't wait for us to learn and grow together.I graduated from Harris-Stowe State University with a degree in elementary education and a minor in Physical Education.I grew up in St. Louis and I am so happy to be teaching in this amazing city. When I am not teaching I love spending time with friends and family, taking my dog, Alkatraz, for walks, and baking and decorating fabulous cakes. I love being outdoors and playing any sport you can think of.
I can't wait for another amazing year with my new students. We are going to learn so many new things this year and I can't wait to get started.