Name: Melissa JohnsonEmail: Melissa.Johnson@slps.orgRoom Number: 131Subject: Pre-KBuilding Phone: 314-533-0874
WELCOME TO THE FISH ROOM
Ms. Melissa Johnson - Melissa.Johnson@slps.org
School Phone Number: 314-533-0874 Room ext. 38131
Welcome to Stix ECC! My name is Melissa Johnson and I am the Pre-K teacher in Room 131. Our classroom theme is The Fish Room, Just like little fish in their schools in the ocean, our fishies at Stix will learn how to stick together, work together, and play together.Your child will have a Fish themed communication folder that will be sent home daily. Please be sure to check your child's folder each night as they will contain important paperwork, newsletters, and information from myself, the school, and the district. The folders are checked daily so if you need to send a quick note, feel free to put it in your child's folder. I will also provide additional ways to contact me throughout the year in your child's First Day packet they will recieve on their first day of school.
Enclosed you will find a tag with our classroom logo, Nemo. Please write your child’s name, teacher name (Ms. Melissa Johnson), and room number (131) and pin it to them for the first few days of school as I begin to learn their names/faces and your child begins to learn their new school routine.
Below you will find the items your child will need on their first day:
First Day of School Needs
- Backpack - please make sure this is large enough for the child's daily communication folder to fit. Please make sure it is labeled with your child's name and room number.
- Change of Clothes - Accidents can happen in preschool and that's OK! Please send a change of clothes in a bag labeled with your child's name. We will keep these on-hand should your child ever need a change of clothes.
- Nap Time Items - Blanket, cover, beach towel, etc. to cover up with at nap time. You may also send a small pillow or stuffed animal for your child to use at nap. Please be sure these items are small enough to fit in their cubbies. All other toys and personal items should be kept at home unless it is a special occasion, which you will be notified about ahead of time. All nap items are sent home every other Friday to be washed. Please make sure all items have your child's name on them.
- Child's PM Transportation - If possible, please include a small note stating your child's method of PM transportation. (Ex: Bus, Parent pick up, BEAR Care)
Below you will find our classroom Wish List. These are a list of items that can be donated at any time to be used by the class as a whole throughout the school year. Donation of these items are ALWAYS greatly appreciated, but in no way are expected or mandatory.
- Boxes of Kleenex
- Baby Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Disinfectant Wipes and/or Spray
- Paper Towels
- Crayons (any size)
- Washable Markers
- Glue / Glue Sticks
- Snacks: Please refrain from sending snacks that are candy or high-sugar content. (Examples of snacks: Goldfish crackers, pretzels, graham crackers, fruit snacks, Teddy Grahams, etc)
Please do not send pencils, colored pencils, or scissors with your child. We use these utensils only in adult-monitored activities and have plenty on hand when the time comes.
Preschool is the first stop in your child's educational journey and I am excited to work with you and your child as a team to instill a life-long love of learning. Let's have a great year and see you in August!
Ms. Melissa JohnsonBiography:
My name is Melissa Johnson and the 2019-2020 school year will be my 5th year as a Pre-K teacher at Stix Early Childhood. Prior to Stix I taught in private schools at both the early childhood and secodary grade levels for 2.5 years. I graduated in 2013 from Harris-Stowe State University with a Bachelor's of Education in Secondary Education specializing in social sciences. In addition to my degree I am also certified in the areas of: early childhood, early childhood special education, elementary education, and Family and Consumer Sciences.
When I'm not teaching I am probably traveling, going to concerts, hanging out with my rescue pup, Fallon, or at Target. :)