Application requirements for admission include:
- All A's and B's in Math, Science, English, Social Studies for 6th and 7th grades and 1st quarter of 8th grade. One C per year is permitted.
- Proficiency(above 50 percentile) on the ELA and Math MAP test in 6th and 7th grades, if available.
- If the MAP test is not given, at least 50% proficiency percentile in ELA and Math on another standardized assessement such at Iowa, Stanford, NWEA, etc.
- Submission of an entrance essay through the online application using the prompt.
- At least 90% attendance for 7th and 8th grades.
- No out of school suspensions in 6th and 7th grades. In-school suspensions handled case by case.
- If all requirements are met an in-person interview with the student and parent/guardian will be scheduled to determine final eligibility.
Following submission of the SLPS Magnet and Choice Schools application the following documents will be requested to verify eligibility:
6th, 7th, and 8th grade report cards
6th, 7th, 8th grade attandance records - at least 90% is required
6th, 7th, 8th behavior/discipline records
6th and 7th grade standardized tests (MAP, IOWA, Stanford, NWEA etc.)
Any Missouri EOC Exams taken in middle school
In addition to the requirements above, please complete the online application at: slpsmagnetschools.org/apply/
2 recommendation forms(current teacher, counselor, principal, or designated administrator)
Student and parent interview
For city residents: SLPS Magnet School Application
For county residents: Voluntary Interdistrict Choice Corporation (VICC) Application
Please fax application materials to: (314) 244-1790
School phone: (314) 696-2290
Collegiate School of Medicine and Bioscience
4939 Kemper Avenue
St. Louis MO 63139Please contact Principal Frederick Steele at Frederick.Steele@slps.org or Adminstrative Assistant Kennethera Turner at Kennethera.Turner@slps.orgwith specific questions.
- If accepted, students must attend a four day new student orientation during the last week of July, 2021.