Application requirements for admission include:
- All A's and B's in Math, Science, English, and Social Studies for 6th and 7th grades and 1st quarter of 8th grade. One C per year is permitted.
- Proficiency(above 50 percentile) on the ELA and Math MAP tests in the 6th and 7th grades, if available.
- If the MAP test is not given, at least 50% proficiency percentile in ELA and Math on another standardized assessment such as Iowa, Stanford, NWEA, etc.
- Submission of an entrance essay through the online application using the prompt.
- At least 90% attendance for 7th and 8th grades.
- No out-of-school suspensions in the 6th and 7th grades. In-school suspensions are handled case by case.
- If all requirements are met, an in-person interview with the student and parent/guardian will be scheduled to determine final eligibility.
Following submission of the SLPS Magnet and Choice Schools application, the following documents will be requested to verify eligibility:
6th, 7th, and 8th-grade report cards
6th, 7th, 8th grade attendance records - at least 90% is required
6th, 7th, and 8th behavior/discipline records
6th and 7th-grade standardized tests (MAP, IOWA, Stanford, NWEA, etc.)
Any Missouri EOC Exams which are taken in middle school
In addition to the requirements above, please complete the online application at: https://slpsmagnetschools.schoolmint.com/login
2 recommendation forms(current teacher, counselor, principal, or designated administrator)
Student and parent interview
For St. Louis City residents: SLPS Magnet School Application
For St. Louis County residents: Voluntary Interdistrict Choice Corporation (VICC) Application
Please fax application materials to: (314) 244-1790
School phone: (314) 696-2290
Collegiate School of Medicine and Bioscience
4939 Kemper Avenue
St. Louis MO 63139Please contact Principal Frederick Steele Frederick.Steele@slps.org or Administrative Assistant Kennethera Turner at Kennethera.Turner@slps.orgwith specific questions.
- If accepted, students must attend a new student orientation in the summer of 2024. The summer 2023 orientation was held from July 31-August 4 but is subject to change for 2024.