Collegiate School of Medicine and Bioscience (CSMB)
Application requirements for admission include:
- All A's and B's in core academic subjects for 6th and 7th grades and 1st quarter of 8th grade.
- Proficiency on the ELA and Math MAP test in 6th and 7th grades.
- If the MAP test is not given, at least 60% proficiency percentile in ELA and Math on another standardized assessement such at Iowa, Stanford, NWEA, etc.
- Submission of an entrance essay through the online application.
- At least 90% attendance in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades.
- No serious discipline incidents including any Type 1 or Type 2 offenses.
- If all requirements are met an in-person interview will be scheduled to determine final eligibility.
Following submission of the SLPS Magnet and Choice Schools application the following documents will be requested to verify eligibility:
6th, 7th, and 8th grade report cards
6th, 7th, 8th grade attandance records - at least 90% is required
6th, 7th, 8th behavior/discipline records
6th and 7th grade standardized tests (MAP, IOWA, Stanford, NWEA etc.)
Any Missouri EOC Exams taken in middle school
In addition to the requirements above, please complete the online application at: slpsmagnetschools.org/apply/
2 recommendation forms(current teacher, counselor, principal, or designated administrator)
Student and parent interview
For city residents: SLPS Magnet School Application
For country residents: Voluntary Interdistrict Choice Corporation (VICC) Application
Please fax application materials to: (314) 244-1790
School phone: (314) 696-2290
Collegiate School of Medicine and Bioscience
1547 S. Theresa
St. Louis MO 63104Please contact Principal Frederick Steele at Frederick.Steele@slps.org with specific questions.If accepted, students must attend a four day orientation in late July, 2019