Making every child’s potential a reality.
The Collegiate School of Medicine and Biomedical High School (CSMB) PTO is a nonprofit parent/teacher organization whose membership includes all parents, legal guardians, and staff at CSMB.
The PTO's mission is to promote open communication and understanding between parents and staff of the CSMB. Our efforts serve to enhance and maximize the education of every child while aiding them in achieving their highest potential. The PTO sponsors assistance to teachers in a classroom setting, holds fund-raisers for supplemental educational materials and experiences, supports school and family social interaction, and provides a non-biased forum for sharing information on issues that impact our children. It is our belief that the team effort of a parent-teacher organization offers the best possible learning environment for our children.
· To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship;
· To raise the standards of home life;
· To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth;
· To bring into closer relationship the home and the school, so that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth;
· To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
These core values guide our decisions and actions:
· COLLABORATION: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
· COMMITMENT: We are dedicated to promoting children’s health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
· ACCOUNTABILITY: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
· RESPECT: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
· INCLUSIVITY: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
· INTEGRITY: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.