FROM THE OFFICE OF THE NURSE
I am Candace Barry. I will be the School Nurse at Stix ECC and would like to welcome all the students and parents. I look forward to taking care of your child for the 2021-2022 school year. To ensure your child’s health and safety I would like to share some information with you.
· If your child will need to take a prescribed or over the counter medication at school click here to see required documents.
· NO child is to carry PRESCRIPTION OR OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATIONS to school. An adult will be asked to pick up the medication.
· If you administer medication to your child before he/she comes to school, which could affect their performance, please send in a note to the teacher.
· All Kindergarteners, 1st, and 2nd graders will have their vision and hearing checked during the school year and you will be notified if further testing is needed.
· Vision and hearing is not checked for Pre K as their doctor does this during their physical exam.
· Dental Screening consent forms will be sent out during the school year for all grades.
· You will be notified during the school year if your child needs an immunization.
· Children should remain home for a temperature of 100 or above and can return when they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications.
· Pink Eye: Child should see their doctor to rule out bacterial conjunctivitis and get a doctors’ note before coming to school.
· Rashes: Child should see their doctor to rule out contagious rashes and get a doctors’ note before coming to school.
· Diarrhea: Child should remain home until free of diarrhea.
· Vomiting: Child should remain home until free of vomiting and able to eat/drink without vomiting.
· Difficulty Breathing/Severe coughing: Child should see their doctor and remain home until this is better.
Please provide doctor's, dentist, etc... notes to school anytime your child is seen.
I hope everyone has a safe and healthy school year. Please let me know if I can be of any help throughout the school year. ---Candace Barry, RNClick on this link for forms and other helpful information: Helpful Information