FROM THE OFFICE OF THE NURSE
Dear Stix Families,
I am Candace Barry. I will be the School Nurse at Stix ECC and would like to welcome all the students and parents. I look forward to taking care of your child for the 2022-2023 school year. To ensure your child’s health and safety, I would like to share some information with you.
· If your child will need to take prescribed or over-the-counter medication at school click here to see required documents.
· NO child is to carry PRESCRIPTION OR OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATIONS to school. An adult will be asked to pick up the medication.
· If you administer medication to your child before he/she comes to school, which could affect their performance, please send a note to the teacher.
· Students will have their vision and hearing checked during the school year and you will be notified if further testing is needed.
· Dental Exam consent forms will be sent out during the school year for all grades.
· You will be notified during the school year if your child needs an immunization.
COVID Please visit SLPS.org for the most up-to-date information.
· Students should remain home for a temperature of 100.4 or above and can return when they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
· Pink Eye: Students should see their doctor to rule out bacterial conjunctivitis and get a doctor's note before returning to school.
· Rashes: Students should see their doctor to rule out contagious rashes and get a doctor's note before returning to school.
· Diarrhea: Students should remain home until free of diarrhea for 24 hours.
· Vomiting: Child should remain home until free of vomiting and able to eat/drink without vomiting for 24 hours.
· Difficulty Breathing/Severe coughing: Child should see their doctor and remain home until it is better or cleared by the doctor to return to school.
Please provide doctor's, dentist, etc... notes to the school anytime your child is seen.
I hope everyone has a safe and healthy school year. Please let me know if I can be of any help throughout the school year. ---Candace Barry, RNClick on this link for forms and other helpful information: Helpful Information