2018/2019FROM THE OFFICE OF THE NURSE
I am Candace Barry. I will be the School Nurse at Stix ECC and would like to welcome all the students and parents. I look forward to taking care of your child for the 2018-19 school year. To ensure your child’s health and safety I would like to share some information with you.
· If your child will need to take a prescribed or over the counter medication at school click here to see required documents.
· NO child is to carry PRESCRIPTION OR OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATIONS to school. The medication will be taken from the child and an adult will be asked to pick up the medication.
· If you administer medication to your child before he/she comes to school, which could affect their performance, please send in a note to the teacher.
· All Kindergarteners, 1st, and 2nd graders will have their vision and hearing checked during the school year and you will be notified if further testing is needed.
· Vision and hearing is not checked for Pre K as their doctor does this during their physical exam.
· Dental Screening consent forms will be sent out during the school year for all grades.
· You will be notified during the school year if your child needs an immunization.
· Click here for information on where you can get your child immunized.
· Children should remain home for a temperature of 100 or above and can return when they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications.
· Pink Eye: Child should see their doctor to rule out bacterial conjunctivitis and get a doctors’ note before coming to school.
· Rashes: Child should see their doctor to rule out contagious rashes and get a doctors’ note before coming to school.
· Diarrhea: Child should remain home until free of diarrhea.
· Vomiting: Child should remain home until free of vomiting and able to eat/drink without vomiting.
· Difficulty Breathing/Severe coughing: Child should see their doctor and remain home until this is better.
I hope everyone has a safe and healthy school year. Please let me know if I can be of any help throughout the school year. ---Nurse BarryClick on this link for forms and other helpful information: Helpful Information