New policy: No Cell Phone Bell-to-Bell
McKinley has instituted a new No Cell Phone Bell-to-Bell Policy. This policy will go into effect on February 26, 2024.
Boys Basketball Senior Night
Senior Night for the Boys Basketball Team will be on 2/13/2023 v. Roosevelt @ McKinley
NJHS Applications Now Available
Applications for membership in the National Junior Honor Society are now available and will be accepted until March 15.
Applications may be picked up in Mr. Greenlee's room on the 2nd floor.
Senior Dues and Activities
Call for Middle School Yearbook Photos, please submit your photos...
Students and Faculty, Don't forget to "Voice Your Vote"
PTO Fundraising Opportunity
Please consider donating to the PTO. All of the fun events that are done by the PTO for our students and school community are only possible through our McKinley community support and donations! Details on how to donate can be found here!
Three easy ways to donate!
#2 - Donate directly using Venmo - @McKinleyPTO-slps
#3 - Donate by sending a check made out to SLPS Foundation or McKinley CJA PTO (tax-deductible) or McKinley CLA PTO to school and have it put in the PTO mailbox or mail it directly to our treasurer (Terri Gudowicz Green - email email@example.com for address)
McKinley Investment Club Earns 1st Place
Congratulations to the McKinley Investment Club on their 1st place win at the Junior Achievement Competition!
Free Math Tutoring Available, beginning November 6
Study hall and math help will be provided by Mr. Klocke (Room 243). Students may bring anything that they would like to work on. A quiet setting will be provided for students to work, and they will also have the chance for individual math help.
Students Must Sign Up To Particpate:
Study Hall Procedures:
Before Study Hall:
Before attending any Study Hall session students must complete the form.
Students will meet in the auditorium AFTER car riders/activities have been dismissed from class. Students should not come directly to room 243.
Students not in the auditorium by 2:10 will not be permitted to attend Study Hall.
During Study Hall:
Students will work on any assignment or activity.
Students will keep talking to a minimum and at a low volume.
Individual help will be provided at the students’ request.
Attendance and dismissal:
Students must remain in the classroom until they are released. Bathroom breaks are the only exception.
Students may leave/be picked up any time, but they will not be allowed to return.
Students that stay for study hall must immediately leave the building once released to go home.
Study Hall is not a place for students to hang out and wait for other after school activities.
Students must be picked up by 5pm. Any student not picked up by 5pm more than once will not be permitted into study hall.
Attending Study Hall is a privilege if a student is not productive or fails to follow procedures they will not be permitted to attend.
CONGRATULATIONS TO MR. GREENLEE AND HIS 6TH PERIOD WORLD CULTURES AND GEOGRAPHY CLASS!
1ST WEEK WINNER OF THE ST. LOUIS EXCLUSIVE, BEABLE BLAST INTO CLASS STUDENT LAUNCH CONTEST
Beable is an online platform that allows for individualized learning. Through the online platform:
- Each student receives lessons at the ‘just-right’ level for her needs.
- Every student in the class reads the same lesson that covers the same core standards, but the lesson is automatically differentiated to match each student’s reading ability. This ensures that the student is acquiring the content knowledge required for the core curriculum and for success on the end-of-course assessments while also building literacy proficiency.
- The lessons include a set of learning activities designed to assess the student’s comprehension and propel her literacy skills forward. The activities are interactive, aligned to standards and fully tracked and reported to the teacher and school/district leadership team.
Students’ individualized coursework comprises a combination of academic and special interest content. Academic content is usually assigned and required by the classroom teacher. Students select special interest content on their own, based on their individual interests.
McKinley CLA Recognized by Healthier Generation as One of America's Healthiest Schools
America’s Healthiest Schools is Healthier Generation’s prestigious annual recognition program that honors schools for implementing best practices to support the physical, mental, and social-emotional health needs of the learning community. Receiving this award on behalf our school is Health and Physical Education Teacher, who coordinated and led our school in pursuing this recognition, Ms. Laura Thomas.
Awardees must meet criteria in the Thriving Schools Integrated Assessment, an evidence-informed tool that helps schools identify strengths and opportunities for improving policies and practices to advance health and learning with an integrated approach.
McKinley Middle School Admissions Requirements
Admissions to McKinley Middle School are determined by the SLPS Gifted Education Office in Collaboration with the SLPS Recruitment and Retention Office.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Office for questions related to the Application Process
Contact the SLPS Gifted Education Office for More Information about Having your Child tested for Eligibility for Gifted Education Services
McKinley High School Admissions Information
McKinley Classical Leadership Academy- 2156 Russell 63104
Office: 314-773-0027 Fax: 314-244-1833
Contacts: Dr. Kaylan Holloway-Principal Dr. Julie Metzger-Asst. Principal
Email to: Kaylan.Holloway@slps.org Julie.Metzger@slps.org
- Completed Magnet Application with McKinley selected as First or Second Choice
Eighth Grade McKinley CJA Middle students must apply for the McKinley high school program and meet all requirements listed.
- Copy of 6th, 7th and current 8th grade report cards.
- MINIMUM Acceptable Grade in all core classes (Math, English, Science, Social Studies) is a C, A and B grades preferred. With a C grade, student must be proficient or advanced in Communications Arts and Mathematics MAP Scores, or 50th percentile or higher on national normed standardized achievement test.
- No out of school or in school suspensions one year prior to admission. In school suspensions may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- 90% or higher attendance rate in the year prior to applying to McKinley.
- Applicants must score at or above the 50th percentile level on a standardized test, and in all sub-areas of the test.
- One teacher and one administrator letter of recommendation. McKinley 8th graders only need to submit one teacher recommendation.
- Administrative Admissions Interview for students which includes a writing prompt essay portion.