GATEWAY JAGS ATHLETICSPLEASE BE ADVISED!!!There are two activity buses that run after school, north and south side. The buses have a large area to cover and it's a possibility that students won't arrive home until after 7pm. If you would like to pick your child up, please arrive at the school no later than 5:30pm.Welcome to the Gateway Middle School Athletics Page!Home of the Jags!Gateway Middle School proudly provides the opportunity for our students to compete athletically against other SLPS middle schools in the SLPS Middle School athletic league.Sports for girls and boys are offered during three different athletic seasons.Fall:Boy's SoccerVolleyballWinter:Boy's BasketballGirl's BasketballCheerleadingSpring:Boy's Flag FootballBoy's TrackGirl's TrackGirl's SoccerCheerleadingThings to know:
- Students must have a 2.5 grade point average to be eligible to play.
- Students cannot receive out of school or in-school suspensions during their sports' season.
- Each team is allowed to carry 15 student-athletes.
- Students need to have a sports physical on file.
- At times students will need to have transportation to practices and games.
- Buses will be provided on practice days, unless othewise noted.
- During all sports season, practices can be cancelled due to inclement weather.
- All students are not guranteed to make the team they try-out for.
- All students are not guranteed playing time on their team.
- Students are responsible for any uniform given to them by the school, failure to return the uniform will result in a monetary fine.
- The school and coaches are not responsible for any lost or stolen items during after-school athletic activities.
***STAY TUNED FOR FALL SPORTS TRYOUT DATES IN THE NEAR FUTURE***
Any questions, email Mr. Fanning at firstname.lastname@example.org