A+ Schools Program
This recognition indicates the high school meets the highest standards in seeking to
accomplish these A+ Program Goals:
• All students will graduate from high school.
• All students will complete challenging studies with identified learning competencies.
• All students proceed to college or vocational technical school or high wage jobs with
opportunities for workplace skill development and advancement.
To earn the A+ designation on their transcript, the student must:
• Sign an A+ Participation Contract
• Attend a Missouri A+ Designated High School three consecutive years prior to
• Graduate with a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
• Maintain an annual 95% attendance record.
• Maintain a good record of citizenship.
• Perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring/mentoring for younger students.
• Make good faith effort to obtain available federal funds for student financial assistance
that require no repayment (FAFSA).
A student graduating with the A+ Designation is qualified to receive Missouri A+ grant money
to cover the cost of tuition at any public community college or public Vocational/Technical
School in the State of Missouri, for up to six semesters as State funding allows.