From: Sherri C. Reed-Parker, Family and Community Specialist
Dear Parents & Guardians,
My name is Sherri C. Reed-Parker and I am the Family and Community Specialist for Central Visual and Performing Arts High School. I have worked for Saint Louis Public Schools since 2012, and have also worked for the YMCA, Boys and Girls Clubs, UAW-Ford Family Service and Learning Center, and Aunt Martha’s Youth Services in a variety of capacities.
My goal is to assist with bridging the communication gap between home and school by:
· Providing assistance to parents in understanding school, district, and Title 1 policies and procedures as it relates to student behavior, attendance, and student achievement
· Providing assistance to increase attendance rates by 2% quarterly until district/state attendance averages are met and / or maintained at the district state required average
· Collaborating with administrators and school staff to develop, implement, and disseminate a yearly calendar of parent involvement activities, parent involvement plan and other relevant timelines
· Facilitating parent/family involvement as it relates to Epstein’s six types of parental involvement and design processes to ensure continuous improvement in all areas
· Ensuring all Title 1 and SLPS Board parental involvement policies and mandates are met
· Serving as an active member of the Student Intervention Team working collaboratively with parents, families, and school staff to develop and implement intervention plans for identified students
I am extremely excited to be here at Central VPA and I look forward to working with you all. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or concerns at 314-771-2772 EXT. 41031 or via e-mail at Sherr.Reed-Parker@slps.org.
Sherri C. Reed-Parker
Family and Community Specialist