Parents Right to KnowThe St. Louis Public School District is required to inform parents of students attending Title I schools that they can request certain information, according to the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (Public Law 107 -110).
Upon parents' request, the St. Louis Public School District is required to provide parents/guardians, in a timely manner, the following information:
• Whether their child's teacher has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
· Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria has been waived.
· What baccalaureate degree major the teacher has and any other graduate certification or degree major held by the teacher and the field of discipline of the certification.
In addition to the information that parents may request, the Saint Louis Public School District must provide to each parent/guardian:
· Information on the achievement level of their child in the state academic assessments as required.
· Timely notice that their child has been assigned, or has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks, by a teacher who is not highly qualified. A sample letter follows that you will receive from the school.
· Notification if their child's school has been identified for school improvement, and options available for their child.
• A Complaint Resolution Procedure annually (SLPS Complaint Resolution Procedure information is listed in SLPS Student Rights Code and Conduct Handbook).
• Notification to parents of the option to transfer their student if student is enrolled in an identified persistently dangerous school, or student has been the victim of a criminal offense while on school property to a school not identified.
For more information about Title I parental notification requirements, please contact:
Office of State and Federal Programs
Saint Louis Public Schools
801 N. 11th Street
St. Louis, MO 63101
(314) 345 -4517