Central Visual and Performing Arts High School
The goals of the audition requirements are focused on creating an environment that fosters high achievement in the arts. Central Visual and Performing Arts High School seeks to make the following advancements:
- The goals of the audition requirements are focused on creating an environment that fosters high achievement in the arts.
- Student must submit a copy of previous year’s report card. Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Student must submit a copy of previous year’s attendance. Based on 174 days of school, student must have an attendance rate of at least 93%.
- Student must submit a copy of previous year’s discipline profile. Student must be in good citizenship standing (Good discipline and no out of school suspensions).
- Student must submit at least two letters of recommendation. The two letters of recommendation should come from an administrator and an arts teacher.
- Students will submit a video auditions. If students are interested in multiple majors video auditions will need to be submitted for each major.
- Because our programs sequence through 4 years, Central accepts 9th and 10th grade applicants only.
- All accepted students are expected to attend Central’s 9th grade transition program, parent orientation, and pre-registration and be present on the first day.
Please Note: Additional preparation/materials may be required at the time of the audition or interview. Details can be found in the Department-Specific Requirement sections.
Learn more about Magnet Schools.
Students who fail to maintain the necessary requirements for continued enrollment will be subject to review by a discipline review board which will determine continued enrollment or exit to the appropriate home school.