Name:Cleveland ScottEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgRoom Number(s): 039Subject(s): Marine Corps Junior ROTCBuilding Phone: (314) 776-6040Teacher Message:
“Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.” Quote by Ronald Regan our 40th US President.
"Semper Fi"Latin term meaning Always Faithful !Biography: I was born and raised in the state of Georgia where I joined the United States Marine Corps upon graduating high school. After being stationed at numerous bases throughout the US and over seas and conducting several deployments, I was afforded the opportunity to become a part of the Inspector and Instructor Staff for 3rd Battalion 24th Marines, Bridgeton, MO. training our reserve forces in 2007. During my stint with 3/24, I was given the opportunity of a lifetime. I was asked to be a chaperone for Roosevelt High School Marine Corps JROTC during President Barack Obama Inaugural parade. Being a part of this historical moment and interacting with the student fuel my passion to continue working with students. As I was deployed to Iraq in 2009-2010 I received an email from the school about becoming an instructor and becoming part of the Roosevelt High School family. Needless to say I accepted and I have been a member of the Rough Rider family since October 1, 2010.My Education
- I am currently seeking my degree in Early Childhood Education through Ashford University.
- I have completed classes in Education at the following Universities: Harris Stowe State University, University of Phoenix and University of Central Missouri.
- Graduated from Monroe Comprehensive High School in Albany GA. June 1989
- Enlisted in the United States Marine Corps March 26, 1990. Went to basic training in Parris Island South Carolina.
- Graduated from Military Occupational School (MOS) August 1990 and a Field Radio Operator (Communication) 29 Palms, Ca.
- Marine Combat Training School in Jacksonville, NC. 1990
- Reserve Microwave Operator Course 29 Palms, Ca. 1995.
- Sergeant's Course (Leadership Training) El Toro, Ca. 1995.
- Marine Corps Recruiter's School in San Diego, Ca. 1998.
- Staff Non-Commissioned Officer Career Equivalency Course 29 Palms, Ca. 1999
- Radio Chief Course (Communication Supervisor Course) 29 Palms, Ca. 2003.
- Staff Non-Commissioned Officer Advanced Course Okinawa, Japan 2004.
- War Fighting Program 2005
- Expeditionary Warfare School 2008
My Career Highlights
- Deployed to Desert Storm/ Desert Shield Dec 1990.
- Marine Corps Recruiter from 1999-2002.
- Deployed to Iraq with 1st Battalion 1st Marine 2005.
- Deployed to Iraq with 3rd Battalion 24th Marines 2009.
- Marched in President Barack Obama's Presidential Inauguration Parade 2009 with Roosevelt High School MCJROTC
- ROTC instructor Roosevelt High School 2010- present.
Decorations, Medals, Badges, Citations and Campaign Ribbons Awarded or Authorized
- Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal (5),Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal (3), Joint Service Achievement Medal (2), Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal (2), Sea Service Deployment Ribbon (8), Iraq Campaign Medal (1), Global War on Terrorism Service Medal (1), Korean Defense Service Medal (2), National Defense Service Medal (2), Marine Corps Recruiting Ribbon (1)