MCAC is a part of the larger national College Advising Corps and also an AmeriCorps funded service program.Our mission within MCAC is to empower Missouri students to help students find their post-secondary path after high school.We currently have 41 partner schools and serve in 3 regions; Kansas City, St. Louis, and South Missouri. Our work and outreach mostly includes low-income first generation college bound students. Our overarching goal within MCAC partner schools is to increase the percentage of seniors who apply, become accepted, and enroll in a 'best-fit' postsecondary education institution.
As the college advisor my role at the school is:
- Meet one-on-one with each senior
- Foster a college-going culture in the school
- Plan and deliver college-planning workshops over topics such as Finding your perfect college match, Scholarships, and anything college related.
- Organize a minimum of 4 campus tours and visits throughout the year.
- Oversee the College Ambassador Program, a team of selected juniors who will assist me throughout the year with various workshops and events.
- Assist with ACT Preparation in one-on-one or group settings.
I will be providing these resources and much more support to the students and families this year.