Uniform/Dress Code Expectations
Each school site shall develop a Uniform/Dress Code Policy in partnership with students, parent(s)/legal guardian(s), and school personnel. Each Dress Code Policy will support a positive school culture by identifying attire that promotes school safety and student health. In all cases the school principal or designee shall inform the student, parent(s)/legal guardian(s), and school community of the school Dress Code Policy. All students and parent(s)/legal guardian(s) are expected to follow the written policy.
Questions concerning the school Uniform/Dress Code Policy should be referred to the school principal or designee.
Procedures for Correcting Inappropriate Attire:
School principals and staff should uniformly apply the following procedures for occurrences in which students wear inappropriate attire. Principals and staff must not remove the student from the instructional process or send a student home for inappropriate attire or for not having an identification card. Staff will direct students to correct inappropriate attire that can be corrected with no further action.
If the inappropriate attire cannot be corrected immediately, staff will take the following steps:
1st Offense: Written warning
2nd Offense: Phone call to parent(s)/guardian(s)
3rd Offense: Referral to In-School-Suspension
4th Offense: Administrative conference with parent(s)/guardian(s) and student
*Students must wear the school uniform at all times during the school day.
9th/10th graders= red polo shirts
11th/12th graders = black polo shirts
Plain khaki colored pants, skirts, or shorts
No fashionable rips or tears!!!
Student ID's must be worn and visible at all times.
Appropriate Dress for School Expectations
- NO sagging pants (zip ties will be used to secure pant over the buttocks if needed).
- NO bellies, backs, or cleavage visible.
- Shorts and skirts should extend at least 6 inches beyond the buttocks and into mid-thigh area.
- NO hats, wave caps, skull caps, dew rags should be worn by any student.
- Students not complying will be provided an opportunity to rectify the situation. If this is not acceptable to students, parents, will be called to bring appropriate clothing or pick up the student.