- Provide individual and small group counseling in a variety of settings.
- Assist students in the areas of academic and career planning and in personal/social development.
- Consult and collaborate with teachers, staff and parents in understanding and meeting the needs of students in the school setting.
- Make appropriate referrals of students and parents to outside agencies and specialists.
- Participate in activities that contribute to the effective operation of the school.
- Plan, evaluate and revise the school counseling program.
- Pursue continuous professional growth to stay abreast of the field.
- Promote an understanding and appreciation of diverse populations and cultures.
- Monitor and advise students and their parents as to progress toward promotion/graduation.
- Provide individual planning sessions to students in the areas of academic planning and success, career awareness and social/emotional development in accordance with planned objectives for grade level.
- Conduct structured goal-oriented counseling sessions in systematic response to identified needs of groups of children. Theme include academic skill building, social skill development, career awareness, conflict resolution, family issues and making healthy choices
- Assist in the transition from middle school to high school and to post-secondary high school options.
- Interpret tests, student data and other assessment results appropriately in the counseling
- Provide individual counseling in response to student requests.