Parents As Teachers (PAT) ProgramHelping you be your baby's best, first teacher.
· Private visits dedicated to you and your baby, prenatal to age 5.
· Health & Development Screenings offered annually for your child from age six months to school entry.
· Referrals to community agencies based on need.
· Written materials provided on numerous developmental topics,including the exciting new brain research.Alumni of the Parents As Teachers Program have been shown to:
· Be significantly more advanced in language, social development, problem and other intellectual abilities.
· Score higher on standardized measures at grade one.
· Significantly increase parental knowledge of child development and parenting skills.
Stimulate your child's learning through Parents As Teachers activities that:
· Are designed to enhance your child's developmental stages.
· Demonstrate the use of inexpensive household materials in creative new ways.
· Promote age-appropriate books your child will enjoy.