This Responsible Internet Use statement helps to protect students, staff, and the school by clearly stating what is acceptable and what is NOT.Remember
- Irresponsible use may result in you being stopped from using the network and/or the Internet and email at school.
- Do not photo, video or audio record any member of the staff or student body without expressed permission.
The school has the right to monitor the use of its computer systems, including access to websites and email, and to delete inappropriate materials.
- Network access must be made using your account and password only, which must not be given to any other person.
- Do not disclose personal details such as addresses and/or telephone/fax numbers of any person.
- School computer and Internet use must be appropriate to your education.
- Copyright and intellectual property rights must be respected.
- Email should be written carefully and politely, particularly as messages may be forwarded or printed and be seen by unexpected readers.
- Users are responsible for email they send and for contacts made. The school advises you only to email people you or your teacher have approved of.
- Anonymous messages and chain letters are not permitted.
- The use of chat rooms and online games are not allowed.
- Do not install software or make changes to any hardware unless your teacher has instructed you to do so.
- The school IT systems may not be used for private purposes, unless the teacher has given permission for that use.