MOCAP Online Learning
For more information about Online Options available in the St. Louis Public School District (SLPS), please contact Charlie Bean at 314-345-4424 or email@example.com.
The Missouri Course Access Program (MOCAP) is designed to expand the range of courses and opportunities offered to students by increasing access to online learning.
Student Skills Necessary for Success in Virtual Courses:
- Student has demonstrated time-management skills that indicate the student is capable of submitting assignment and completing course requirements without reminders
- Student has demonstrated persistence in overcoming obstacles and willingness to seek assistance when needed.
- Student has demonstrated verbal or written communication skills that would allow the student to succeed in an environment where the instructor may not provide nonverbal cues to support the student’s understanding.
Additional Considerations Necessary for Success in Online Courses:
- Student has the necessary computer or technical skills to succeed in a virtual course.
- Student has access to technology resources to participate in a virtual course.
- Consideration of the student’s previous success in virtual coursework.
Students are required to obtain SLPS course enrollment approval to receive funding for courses. In the event that approval for courses is not sought and/or obtained, and parents choose to pay for courses, SLPS advises parents to meet with the principal or designee prior to enrollment to ensure courses are consistent with the student’s academic plan. Students with disabilites may enroll in district-sponsored virtual courses or MOCAP virtual courses using the same approval process applicable to other students. However, in accordance with federal law, if a student receives special education services, the student's individualized education program (IEP) team may determine that a virtual course is not appropriate for the student even if the course has otherwise been approved.
St. Louis Public Schools is not required to provide students access or fund courses beyond the equivalent of those courses needed to obtain full-time enrollment. In addition, SLPS is not responsible for technology associated with the program. SLPS will provide supervision for students enrolled in the site-based program at Vashon, Sumner, Roosevelt and Gateway STEM but does not provide supervision for students enrolled in online courses offsite.
All students enrolled in online courses are subject to SLPS policies, procedures and rules applicable to students enrolled in traditional courses including, but not limited to, the SLPS Student Code of Conduct and prohibitions on academic dishonesty, discrimination, harassment, bullying and cyberbullying.
Interested students and families should contact their counselor to make an appointment to begin enrollment process. The counselor will assist students and families to ensure that the requested courses are consistent with indivdual academic and personal goals. More information on the Missouri Course Access Program can be found at: www.mocap.gov.
Edmentum Staff Directory
- Charlie Bean
- Sharon Berghoefer (HOME SCHOOLS: Central, Gateway, Metro)
- Sylvester McClain (HOME SCHOOLS: Carr Lane, Career Academy, L'Ouverture, McKinley, Shaw)
- Carolyn MCCray (HOME SCHOOLS: Pamoja, Buder, Busch, Sumner, Gateway, Hodgen, Lexington, Long, Mason, Shenandoah, Woerner, Yeatman)
- Antoinette Pabon (HOME SCHOOLS: Carnahan, Compton-Drew, Roosevelt, Soldan)
- Shelonda Williams (HOME SCHOOLS: Adams, Ames, Classical Jr Academy, Columbia, Froebel, Dewey, Hamilton, Henry Herzog, Hickey, Jefferson, Laclede, Lyon @ BLOW, Mann, Meramec, Mullanphy, Nance, Oak Hill, Sigel, Walbridge)
Edmentum Online Learning Sites
St. Louis, MO 63101
St. Louis, MO 63113
St. Louis, MO 63110
St. Louis, MO 63106