In keeping with the District's promise to every student attending St. Louis Public Schools (SLPS) schools - to be able to attend safe schools with effective teachers and principals - an open transfer period is being made available to current SLPS teachers, administrators, and other employees who are interested in seeking a position for the 2015-2016 school year with one of the campuses in the St. Louis Public School District. The open transfer period timeline and process is outlined below.
Employee includes: Teacher (must be certified), Counselor, Library Media Specialist, Book Clerk Treasurer, Child Care Attendant, Family Educator, In-school Suspension Monitor, Intervention Specialist, Special Education Instruction and Care Assistant, Library Aide, Library Media Specialist Assistant, Parent Educator, Parent Infant Interaction Program-Child Care Attendant, Parent Involvement Specialist, Teacher Assistant
When can staff apply for a transfer?
• Open transfer period will take place from February 9, 2015 to February 20, 2015. During this period, employees will be permitted to transfer to a campus in the St. Louis Public School District to fill open positions for the 2015-2016 school year. The employee's current Principal will be required to sign off on the transfer as an acknowledgement that the employee is requesting to leave the campus (not granting approval) and the receiving principal must sign acknowledging the willingness to accept the transfer. All transfer forms are due no later than February 20, 2015.
• Notification from Human Resources of approval or denial will be emailed to the employee by no later than March 21, 2015.
• Transfers are not approved until the employee has received an e-mail notification from Human Resources.
Who can transfer?
In order to be eligible to transfer, the following criteria must be met:
1. Must not be on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP)
2. Hold a valid Missouri teacher certificate in the requested subject area vacancy*
3. Meet "Highly Qualified" standards of NCLB for the position*
4. Must not be a “teacher in intervention”*
5. Must not be in the St Louis Plan
*instructional (certificated) employees only
Where do I find the listed vacancies?
To view the current 2015-2016 vacancy list, please visit the Saint Louis Public Schools HR website.
Where do I submit the completed transfer request form?
• Once the receiving principal has all the signatures, the receiving principal will scan and email the form to staffing@SLPS.org with "Transfer-Last Name-First Name-Name of Receiving School" in the subject line. All transfer forms are due no later than 12 p.m. on February 20, 2015.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
to access the Open Transfer Request Form.