SLPS Virtual Academy @Dunbar is an exclusively virtual school campus with enrollment options for students from across the entire St. Louis City region. (Must have a valid St. Louis City address to enroll)
- The virtual instructional school day is from 8:15am – 3:00pm.
- Enrollment at the Virtual Academy is for the entire 2021-2022 school year.
- The Virtual Academy @Dunbar will follow the SLPS 2021-2022 Academic Calendar.
- When enrolling in the Virtual Academy @ Dunbar, it is highly recommended that an adult learning partner is available to support the student during virtual learning – especially for students in grades K-3.
- If a student has an IEP or 504 plan, the IEP or 504 plan team will meet to decide if the Virtual Academy @Dunbar offers the best learning environment for student success.
- If a student is an English language learner, the ESOL team will meet to decide if the Virtual Academy @ Dunbar offers the best learning environment for student success.
- 90% or higher attendance and engagement are required in virtual learning. Lack of engagement, lack of adequate progress, or poor attendance may result in withdrawal from the Virtual Academy.
Want to learn more?
Attend the Virtual Academy @ Dunbar informational webinar on Thursday April 29, 2021 at 6:00 pm. Click here to register.
For additional information reach out to Natasha Mitchell, Director of Virtual Learning (firstname.lastname@example.org)