SLPS and Partners to Provide FREE Vaccinations for Students 12 and Older
With vaccine approval now extended to children ages 12 and over, Saint Louis Public Schools is continuing to work with the Urban League and the Missouri National Guard and is pleased to be able to offer Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines to District students age 12 and older!
All SLPS students will have the opportunity to sign up for the two-dose, Pfizer vaccine, the only one approved for youth ages 12+ at this time. Appointments will be scheduled at Vashon High School for the first dose on Saturday, June 5 from 9am to 4pm and for the second dose on Saturday, June 26, time TBD.
A parent or guardian must accompany students age 12-15 to the vaccination appointments.
In order to reserve a spot for the vaccination, you must complete registration by midnight on Wednesday, June 2: LINK.
Bus transportation will be provided for any SLPS students (and 1-2 parents/guardians) who need it. Our sign-up includes a place for attendees to indicate a pick-up location if they need transportation to the event. Once we collect all of that information, we will draft a schedule for bus pick-up and distribute it to families. All students who participate will receive vouchers from the St. Louis Cardinals to use for an upcoming game.
- These vaccinations are NOT mandatory. They are being made available as a service to students and families.
- Consent forms are required at the time of each vaccination (June 5 and June 26). The consent form can be downloaded and printed at www.slps.org/vaccineconsent. Paper copies will be sent home with in-person students the week of May 24.
- Students ages 12-17 years of age must have a parent or guardian complete a signed consent form.
- Students ages 12-15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to their appointment.
- Students 18 or older may sign their own consent forms and schedule their vaccinations.
We will send around reminders for the second dose (Saturday, June 26) the week before. If you cannot attend the second dose date, we recommend you use this site to find a second dose within the required time (www.vaccinefinder.org).
Please note that the vaccination schedule may change based on demand. At this time, this vaccination event is only open only to SLPS students age 12 and over and their parents/guardians. As more supply becomes available, we hope to open this opportunity up to more St. Louis City teens.