Food and Nutrition Services At A Glance
Saint Louis Public Schools (SLPS) continues to operate the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) Program under the United States Department of Agriculture Department (USDA) and Missouri Department of Elementary, and Secondary Education (DESE).
- Improves access to free school meals in eligible high poverty Learning Education Agency (LEA) and schools and to eliminate the collection of family applications.
- Provides all SLPS students the opportunity to receive a free breakfast and lunch meal as well as an afterschool snack.
SLPS FNS Department administers the following Child Nutrition Programs under the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010:
- School Breakfast Program (SBP)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP)
- Afterschool Snack Program (ASP)
- Smart Snacks/Fundraisers
- Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
St. Louis Public Schools (SLPS) Food and Nutrition Services & Southwest Foodservice Excellence (SFE)
- Are the sole collaborators for providing breakfast, lunch, supper, and after school and snacks for the district.
- Will continue to promote and support the St. Louis Public Schools’ (SLPS) students with healthy and wholesome meals.
- Believes in providing appealing meals made with fresh and locally grown produce.
To ensure all students start their day with a healthy meal, the District implemented alternative breakfast programs:
- Breakfast in the Classroom (BIC)
- Grab ‘n’ Go Carts
- Second Chance Program
The St. Louis Public Schools Food and Nutrition Services Department offers Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and the Summer Food Program (SFP) through the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services:
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- Features an Afterschool Program, which enables any student to eat a free snack and/or supper
Summer Food Service Program (SFP)
- Offered when the students are on summer break.
Food and Nutrition Services. Click for an update
For more information about the Food and Nutrition Services Department, please contact (314) 345-4519 or (314) 345-2308. For additional information pertaining to healthy eating, monthly menus and promotions.
Althea Albert-Santiago, MPH, CMP, CCNP
SLPS Director of Food and Nutrition Services
Office Number: (314) 345-4519
SLPS Accountability Specialist
General Manager of Food Services
Assistant to General Manager of Food Services
Faith Fude, MS, RD
Nutrition Coordinator III
SFE Catering Specialist