Social and Emotional Support Resources for Families
The District's hotline for general questions is 314-437-8430.
WHERE TO TURN FOR HELP:
- The United Way of Greater Missouri (UW) has put together a resource page for families who need assistance with utilities, meals, senior services, and much more. You may also call 211 to connect with UW.
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services COVID Line (general questions about COVID not specific to STL): 877-435-8411
- Stray Rescue is opening its doors as a pet food pantry, providing a bag of pet food for anyone in need.
- BJC is providing these Resources for Financial Assistance.
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri is available to assist with civil legal assistance. Their intake department is available from 8:30am to 5pm, M-F, at 314-534-4200 or toll-free, 800-444-0514. An online application is also avaialble 24/7: www.lsem.org/get-help-now.
FREE MEALS (SAINT LOUIS SCHOOLS' PANDEMIC MEAL PLAN):
- The District has partnered with the City of St. Louis and area charter schools to distribute free meals to students M-F, 8am to noon.
- A flyer for distribution is available here: English ♦ Spanish ♦ French ♦ Dari ♦ Nepali ♦ Swahili ♦ Arabic ♦ Vietnamese
- The Missouri Child Abuse/Neglect Hotline is available to report any suspicions of child abuse or neglect. Call 800-392-3738.
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network has resources for helping children and families cope with social distancing and to prevent panic. NCTSN's parent/caregiver guide to help families cope with COVID-19 is available here.
- Additionally, the CDC has published guidelines on how to talk to children about COVID-19.
- PBS KIDS for Parents offers information, activities, and tips for parents, including this resource on "How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus."
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES:
- BHR (Behavioral Health Response) offers confidential telephone counseling to people in mental health crises, as well as mobile outreach services, community referral services and critical incident stress management: 314-469-6644, bhrstl.org