From June 5 – 30* (19 days), nineteen designated Saint Louis Public Schools (SLPS) will offer knowledgeable staff and individualized, high-quality learning experiences. Those experiences include core academic content, enrichment opportunities, field trips, supplemental services, and social emotional learning – all in support of deeper learning. Camp SLPS is gearing up early in anticipation of a strong response from students who want to brush up on the basics, jump ahead in reading and other core subjects, earn additional credit hours and/or complete graduation requirements, then Camp SLPS is the answer!
SUMMER LEARNING & FUN!
Camp SLPS is also an opportunity to meet your new teachers (as all summer learning teachers are SLPS teachers) and make new friends before school starts!
- Social Emotional Learning- helps provide each student with the skills needed to build relationships and make positive life choices.
- College and Career Readiness- it is never too early to start thinking about the “next steps,” in the educational journey.
- Unfinished Learning (K-8) and Credit Recovery (High School) are for those students who have been unable to cover as much ground as needed to be fully-prepared for the next school year.
Flexible times are built into the program for mind-growing projects that allow students the flexibility to explore, to connect to the world outside the classroom and, most importantly -- to dream.
ALL ST. LOUIS CITY STUDENTS, INCOMING K-12TH GRADE ARE INVITED TO JOIN CAMP SLPS WITH ADDITIONAL SUPPORT FOR:
- High school students who require credit recovery
- High school students with graduation requirements to complete
- Students reading two or more years below their grade level
- Students receiving ELL support
- P4 students transitioning to Kindergarten
- Students who need to recover unfinished learning
- Students eligible for Extended School Year (ESY)