The Food and Nutrition Services Department (FNS) along with Southwest Food Service Excellence will continue to promote and support the St. Louis Public Schools’ (SLPS) students with healthy and wholesome meals. The FNS Department believes in providing appealing meals made with fresh and locally grown produce.
The St. Louis Public Schools Department of Food and Nutrition and Southwest Food Service Excellence are committed to improving the health and wellness of the students and staff by:
- Promoting good health practices
- Implementing nutrition education programs that encourage healthy decision-making practices
- Providing a foundation for sound lifestyle habits through
The FNS Department administers the following United State Department of Agriculture (USDA) Child Nutrition Programs under the Healthy , Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010: Also these programs are also approved by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
- School Breakfast Program (SBP)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP)
- Afterschool Snack Program (ASP)
- Smart Snacks/Fundraisers
The St. Louis Public Schools Food and Nutrition Services Department also offers the Summer Feeding Program through the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services when the students are out of school for the summer.Click HERE for an update on Food and Nutrition Services.
Food and Nutrition Services Department Management Team:
SLPS Director of Food and Nutrition Services
Office Number: (314) 345-4519
SLPS Accountability Specialist
General Manager of Food Services
Assistant Director of Dining Services
SFE Catering Specialist
This institution is an equal opportunity provider