Afterschool Snack Program
The Food and Nutrition Services Department is excited to announce that healthy snacks are now available for the Afterschool Program(s) at each school.
St. Louis Public Schools (SLPS) Food and Nutrition Services & Southwest Foodservice Excellence (SFE)
- Are the sole collaborators for providing breakfast, lunch, supper, and after school snacks for the district.
All snacks that are served as a part of the Afterschool Program meets the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) Guidelines.
Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- Features an Afterschool Program, which enables any student to eat a free snack and/or supper
The afterschool snack amounts are based on the number of servicing days and students. Snacks will be served by the Afterschool Program Coordinator under the directions of the Cafeteria Lead. The SLPS Food & Nutrition Services department along with Southwest Foodservice Excellence, provide ongoing professional development to all afterschool program coordinators.
Afterschool Coordinator Training, Click Here
To request snacks for your afterschool program(s) please see the procedures below:
- All afterschool program requests need to be submitted in email to Althea Albert-Santiago, Director of Food and Nutrition Services at email@example.com.
- Copy Tenecia Williams, Accountability Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org and Erika Hollinshed, Catering Specialist at email@example.com on your email.
- Please submit snack report(s) to the Cafeteria Lead on a daily basis.
CLICK THE ICON BELOW TO READ THE AFTER SCHOOL GRAB & GO SNACK ZONE LETTER
For more information contact the Food and Nutrition Services Department at
345-4519 or 345-2308