UnitedHealthcare’s virtual visits model lets members see and speak to a doctor from their mobile device or computer. Doctors can diagnose and treat a wide range of non-emergency medical conditions such as colds and rashes 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.
Why are they important?
Virtual visits allow members the flexibility to see a doctor without an appointment or the hassle of leaving their house. Whether a member is out of town or unable to make it to the clinic, virtual visits provide the flexibility to see and speak with a doctor online.
Virtual visit benefits include:
- See a doctor without an appointment
- Access to care 24/7
- Receive a prescription (when appropriate and not available in all states)
- Getting care from the comfort of your own home
How and when to use
Members have three ways of accessing virtual visits:
- Log in to myuhc.com® and choose from provider sites where they can register for a virtual visit. After registering and requesting a visit the member will pay a portion of the service costs according to their medical plan, and then they will enter a virtual waiting room.
- Download the UnitedHealthcare Health4Me app and access the provider groups.
- Visit a network virtual visit provider site/app directly.
Take advantage of virtual visits when:
- Your doctor is not available
- You become ill while traveling within the United States
- You are considering visiting a hospital emergency room for a non-emergency health condition