The Learn and Earn Internship program permits qualified seniors to engage in a paid internship facilitated by STL Youth Jobs in partnership with St. Louis Public Schools. Internship opportunities can range from local, small businesses to large, international Fortune 500 companies, non-profits, and government organizations. Participants are placed in internships based on their unique interests and skill sets.
The goal of Learn and Earn is to reconceptualize the senior year experience by equipping students with the skills and work exposures necessary to thrive in the 21st century. Through participation in the program, interns will complete financial literacy and job readiness training. Additionally, students will build a strong resume experience for college entry or direct access to the workforce.
To be successful in the program, all interns must maintain a C or better GPA in all academic classes they are enrolled in during the last semester of their senior year. School counselors, job coaches, and mentors will support students before, during, and after the completion of the internship to guarantee a positive outcome.
Any interested seniors must apply no later than September 21, 2023.
- Qualify academically as determined by a school counselor and administrator.
- Complete an online application for the program.
- Agree to and sign the internship contract.
- Be willing to complete the pre-internship requirements, including job readiness training and financial literacy training.
Students will be responsible for:
- Adhering to the professional expectations of the host internship site.
- Maintaining current academic coursework at school site.
- Effectively communicating with school counselor, job coach, and site supervisor.
For information about the program for students and families, please contact the school counselor where the student will attend high school for the senior year.
For information about the program for school leaders, community members, and businesses, please contact:
Aja McCoy, J.D ¦ Coordinator of Workforce Development
e: firstname.lastname@example.org ׀ p: (314)327-2682
For information on how to become an organization that hosts interns, please contact:
Courtney Dowdall, PhD ¦ STL Youth Jobs, Director of Partnerships & Impact
e: email@example.com ׀ p: (314)499-8176 ext.4
For Program Brochure Click Here: Learn and Earn Brochure Overview
For Program Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Click Here: Learn and Earn FAQ