Welcome to the Gateway STEM High School
What is FBLA?
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. (FBLA-PBL) is the largest career student business organization in the world. Each year, FBLA-PBL helps over 230,000 members prepare for careers in business. At Gateway STEM High School, FBLA is the premiere business organization. Members enjoy special events and opportunities to go on awesome field-trips to compete, experience, and learn more about business!
What are the goals of FBLA?
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership.
- Strenthen the confidence of students in themseleves and their work.
- Create more interest in and understanding of American business enterprise.
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects that contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community.
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism.
- Encourage and practice efficient money management.
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals.
- Facilitate the transition from school to career.
Why should I join FBLA?
FBLA-PBL inspires and prepares students to become community-minded business leaders in a global society through relevant career preparation and leadership experiences.
FBLA-PBL’s programs focus on:
- Leadership Development—members develop essential soft skills by holding chapter officer positions at the local, state, and national levels; by networking with accomplished business professionals; and by participating in business-focused workshops, seminars, and academic competitions.
- Academic Competitions—members demonstrate their business expertise at high-profile regional, state, and national competitive events. The top students are recognized with trophies and cash awards.
- Educational Programs—members create career portfolios, enhance their knowledge with world-recognized skills certifications, and have access to select college scholarships.
- Membership Benefits—members receive exclusive discounts and enhanced benefits for travel, education, and more.
- Community Service—members work with the March of Dimes to help end premature births by participating in awareness campaigns and the March for Babies fundraiser.
- Awards & Recognition—members build a portfolio of accomplishments witha wide range of awards programs.
What are my responsiblities as a FBLA member?
As an FBLA member, you agree to do the following:
- seek to improve your community by contributing your efforts and your resources to worthwhile projects
- be honest and sincere
- approach each task with confidence in your about to perform your work at a high standard
- willingly accept responsibilities and duties
- seek to learn from your mistakes and take suggestions and criticisms directed toward the improvement of yourself and your work
- abide by the rules and regulations of your school
- exercise initiative and responsibility and will cooperate with your employer, teach, fellow workers, and peers.
- dress and act in a manner that will bring respect to you and your school
What are the requirements to join FBLA?
- Have a sincere interest in business education and careers
- Complete at least one business course within your first two years of membership
- Have or maintain a HS GPA of at least 2.5
- No major discipline history
- Complete an application for membership and receive an approval from the FBLA Executive Officers and Advisor
- Pay all necessary dues
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT THE 2018-2019 Gateway STEM H.S. FBLA PRESIDENT, EZLI LIMON (firstname.lastname@example.org)