My name is Jason McCoy. I teach your scholar’s English class. Parent-Teacher Conferences are being conducted on Tuesday (3/16) and Wednesday (3/17) from 1:15pm to 4:30pm.
I would really like to meet with you to discuss your scholar’s progress. You can sign up for a slot here: https://www.slottr.com/sheets/18259989
We can conduct our meeting in two different ways:
Phone: please call (636) 692-4429 between 1:15pm and 4:30pm between Tuesday (3/16) and Wednesday (3/17).
Zoom: use the link below to join the Zoom call between 1:15pm and 4:30pm between Tuesday (3/16) and Wednesday (3/17).
- Passcode: McCoyEngl
- Zoom meetings will be recorded.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or text (636) 692-4429 with any questions.
Communication Arts Instructor
Gateway STEM High School
5101 McRee Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63110
(314) 776-3300Mr. McCoyCommunication Arts InstructorRoom Number: 325ESubject(s): ELAOffice Hours: TBDIntroduction: My name is Jason McCoy. I teach World Literature (Sophomore English, E2) and American Literature (Junior English, E3). I have a bachelor's degree in English and Secondary English instruction as well as a master's degree in Teaching English as a Second Language.Virtual Office Hours: If you e-mail me at email@example.com between Monday and Friday at 2:17pm, I'll get back to you in 24 hours. If you would like to schedule a conference, we'll find a time.Submitting Classwork: All classwork should be submitted through Teams. If you are having trouble, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have technical problems or need your password, e-mail email@example.com.
If you want to know what your grade is, access these instructions for access SIS 360.
If you need resources, please let me know. I can connect you with services and provide advice. I can tutor you or your scholar in a variety of subjects and help with tech support. Just let me know what I can help you with. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.If you can't access the internet or your device is broken, I can help if you text this number: (636) 692-4429
SLPS Resources (District/school links for virtual support and other pertinent information)
- Back to School Call Center: 314-345-5656
- New Family Registration: Families that are new to the District can now register online.
- City of St. Louis School Systems Collaborative Re-entry Guidelines: Click HERE to access.
- Learn about the new EDMENTUM online learning platform: www.slps.org/edmentum
- Public Notice: Nonpublic School Participation in Services through the Coronavirus Aide, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act: LINK
- FINAL Approved 2020-2021 School Year Calendar: Visit www.slps.org/calendar
- Free grab-and-go, 7-day meal kits: www.slps.org/meals
- COVID-19 FAQs: www.slps.org/covidfaqs
- Social and economic resources for families: www.slps.org/resources
- Social and emotional support hotline for students/parents: 314-345-6900, email@example.com
I follow Gateway's policy on plagiarism and cheating:
Plagiarism, cheating, stealing answers, arranging for others to do schoolwork or exams are all considered to be academic dishonesty. Students found doing any of these activities, including final exams, can receive a grade of F or 0 and could face disciplinary action. Parent/guardian is to be notified by the teacher. Teachers are encouraged to provide the student with another opportunity to test with less credit offered. Cheating must be reported in SIS to the alpha-appropriate Assistant Principal.
- Provide Resources for extra support (links to websites, articles, extra practice assignments, technology support, etc.) - See Tabs.