Advocacy and Legislative Affairs Ad Hoc Committee
Next Meeting: Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 6:00 P.M. Please note: this meeting will be live-streamed to the public on the District's YouTube page.
On Dec. 11, leaders of Saint Louis Public Schools invited civic and government leaders and District lobbyists to Carnahan High School to hear the District’s position on three top priorities to be addressed in the 2022 Legislative Session. After months of interviews with subject matter experts inside and outside the district, the Board of Education’s Ad Hoc Advocacy and Legislative Committee and Chair Matt Davis announced a focus on:
1.) Support for Local Funding
3.) Housing Insecurity.
You can see and hear the elements supporting those priorities on this page. We will continue to update the page as needed.
AD HOC LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE
- Matt Davis, Board Member, Chair
- Alisha Sonnier, Board Member, Vice-Chair
- Antionette Cousins, Board Member, Vice-Chair
- Dr. Joyce Roberts, Board President
- Dr. Kelvin Adams, Superintendent of Schools
- Dr. Nicole Freeman Williams, Chief of Staff
- Dr. Marion Smith, Jr., Chief Academic Officer
- Byron Clemons, Union Local 420
- Angie Banks, Chief Financial Officer
- Charles Burton, Chief Human Resources
- Emily Koeltzow, Parent Action Committee
- Jeffrey St. Omer, Attorney
- Lori Willis, Deputy Superintendent/Institutional Advancement