How does it work? When someone is in crisis, they can text HOME to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor who will help them move from a hot moment to cool and calm.
Who are Crisis Counselors? They are trained volunteers who—with the support of full-time Crisis Text Line staff—use active listening, collaborative problem solving, and safety planning to help texters in their moment of crisis.
Call 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678678. A national 24-hour, toll-free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth.
If you need assistance finding food, paying for housing bills, accessing free childcare, or other essential services, visit 211.org or dial 211 to speak to someone who can help. Run by the United Way.
HEC Upward Bound Program is a U.S. Department of Education grant funded academic pre-college program. The purpose of HEC Upward Bound is to prepare and motivate low-income and/or first-generation students to attend an institution of higher learning in the pursuit of a STEM field degree, and to be successful at the college or university of their choice.
ese services include but are not limited to:
· Nine months of academic tutorial service and academic enrichment classes
· Six-week Summer Residential Program
· Assistance with the completion of ACT, financial aid & college applications
· Monthly Saturday Academy & classroom instruction
· College tours in & out of state
· Exposure to STEM career fields
· College location & application assistance for seniors
HEC Upward Bound Jotform Application